Publish stunning digital magazines, research communication, and alumni outreach.
Scale your digital publishing
Shorthand is a proven solution for all forms of university and college publishing.
- Publish digital magazines, research findings, fundraising campaigns, annual reports, internal communications, event guides, class notes, and more.
- On applicable plans, publish stories to multiple subdomains across your institution.
Built for your team
Shorthand is built for marketing and communications professionals. Get started in minutes — no code required.
- Publish on your schedule — without the bottlenecks caused by busy developers.
- Training comes free! Join us for regular free live training webinars and masterclasses, or select a plan that includes personalised onboarding with white-glove support from our industry-leading customer success team.
Shorthand stories are a proven solution with measurable outcomes — fewer bounces, more engagement, higher dwell-times, and better click-through-rates.
- Measure the impact of your digital stories with Shorthand’s built-in analytics system.
- Easily integrate with your existing analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics.
- Read our case studies to find out more about the real-world impact of Shorthand.
Say goodbye to flipbook magazines and PDFs. Fully responsive and SEO-friendly, Shorthand is built for the modern web.
- Replace your first-generation digital magazine with stories people love to read — on any device.
- Maintain the design standards and visual identity of your print magazine as you transition to digital publishing.
- Integrate with your existing analytics solution and measure results alongside content from your CMS.
Free for communications and journalism educators
Shorthand is free for teaching journalism and comms classes at all accredited educational institutions, including schools, colleges, and universities.
- Introduce your students to the next generation of digital publishing, used by media, marketing, and communications teams at leading brands.
- Add unlimited students and classes, and create unlimited stories.
“Our Shorthand stories are performing on every metric that we've been measuring ourselves on. The targets and stretch targets have been met on all our content.”Andrew Youngson | News and Campaigns Content Manager | Imperial College London