Media & journalism
Publish visually rich, immersive feature stories.
Storytelling is our speciality
Shorthand is built for journalists to tell more engaging, visually rich stories — without the need of a web designer or developer.
- Reduce your bounce rates and increase dwell time with stunning no-code animation effects.
- Support your existing workflow with multiple teams, roles, and permissions for story sharing, collaboration, team management, and publishing rights.
- Place Shorthand stories behind a paywall — or integrate advertising into your open access story.
Media-rich, data-driven stories
Easily incorporate photography, illustrations, charts, graphs, maps, infographics, and other interactive content.
- Speed up production by easily creating animation from static images using our powerful Reveal and Scrollmation sections. Just drag & drop — no code or animation tools required.
- Integrate components from Tableau, Flourish, and hundreds of other third-party services.
Responsive by default, customisable by nature
Your audience expects to reach you from wherever they are, on whatever screen they have to hand.
- Shorthand stories natively adapt to work across multiple device types and screen resolutions. But you also have the flexibility to tailor the experience based on your reader’s screen size.
- Before you publish, easily preview your stories on multiple simulated screen resolutions from within the Shorthand editor, and on real devices through secure preview links.
Beautifully engaging sponsored stories
Give advertisers more value with visually rich, immersive sponsored content.
- Create sponsored content as engaging as the best stories on the web.
- Share secure story preview links with clients to receive pre-publication feedback.
- Use Shorthand Analytics — or your own embedded third-party analytics platform — to measure results.
“Shorthand radically changed how we think of content and what we can accomplish. With Shorthand you can stop worrying about the software and focus on creating the best content.”— Helena CRead more reviews on G2